Monday, August 29, 2011

Quilters, help me!!!


Last year some time I had a little play with free motion quilting, and it worked perfectly, very first go. I am trying (desperately!) to do it again and it is just not working! I don't remember doing anything particularly special, (darning foot, drop feed dogs, set stitch length to zero) so I am at a loss to know what I am doing wrong now. The thread at the back keeps bunching up like this,


no matter whether I lessen the tension, or tighten it. The machine has just had a service and everything else is running fabulously, obviously I am the one at fault. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, this is doing my head in!!


3 comments:

Marg said...

Yikes, how frustrating. The one thing I can think of that happens to me a lot......... too much, is if I forget to put the foot down before starting, I end up with birds nests at that back. I hope it's as easy as that to fix.

Selina said...

Marg, you are a genius!

Warm Hugs Design said...

I'm pretty new to this technique too, but found from time to time my bobbin thread got all willy wonker on me - so have to take it out and put back in. Has helped me...

Warm hugs,
Pam