Friday, August 12, 2011

Friday French Favourites

Wow, this seems to be all I can manage to blog over here lately! I did just pick up my sewing machine from her little tune up yesterday, so hopefully that will help get me motivated to actually craft something!

Anyway, Friday French Favourites! Today I want to show you another one of my favourite little spots we visited while in France, the Moulin de Fourges. Before we left for France we had booked a day trip that did Monet's garden in Giverny in the morning and the Palace of Versailles in the afternoon, with lunch included. I'm imagining a little pit stop at some roadhouse type thing and then we pull up to this pretty much in the middle of nowhere.

IMGP2616

It was just beautiful. They have taken this old mill and turned it into a restaurant and we all sat down to a gorgeous three course lunch, with the wine positively flowing! It really was a very welcome surprise.


IMGP2612

IMGP2598

IMGP2613

IMGP2618

I would highly recommend doing those day trip things when visiting somewhere new, you never know what sort of places they will take you to!

7 comments:

Melody said...

This is SUCh a beautiful spot.

Miss Snow said...

So enchanting and beautiful! I must say I am a tad (to say the least) jealous :)

custardino said...

Lovely places like this make the journey as enjoyable as the destination.

Here's my contribution this week :
http://custardino.blogspot.com/2011/08/friday-french-favourites.html

Max said...

I love those kind of places, and can just imagine the menu, nom! I've posted slightly belatedly here
http://blackbirdhasspoken.blogspot.com/2011/08/french-friday-guimard-paris.html
Have a great weekend x

Anonymous said...

I am loving your French Faves, i wish I was there!

Carolyn said...

It certainly was a lovely spot and the lunch was memorable. I posted yesterday about Arles, but didn't get around to my comment till today. Old age maybe??

Sunnybec said...

Hi I am your newest follower and see you like France. I am a Brit living in France! We live in a little town near Limoges. Have been looking at your Friday French Favourites but haven't been to any of the places you visited (except Paris). Linda x