Thursday, May 12, 2011

Teddy Bears Picnic

IMGP2923

Bit late to the picnic today, spent too long gossiping with Teresa this morning over coffee! Anyway, I told Teresa I would join today with the bear I entered into last years Ipswich show in the handmade bear section. Considering Posie here was the only bear not made from traditional materials (and there were quite a few bears entered!), I thought 3rd place was very respectable indeed! She is made using a very vintage 1930's flowergarden quilt piece and vintage chenille. I have tried to sell her a couple of times but then always change my mind, she really is lovely.

So here is Posie. Sorry for the terrible photo, it is blowing a gale here today and she was a little worried her little parasol from Paris was going to blow away! Those French biscuits aren't going to last long either, I hear those other bears can be a little hungry sometimes!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Posie is beautiful! Love the fabrics and she looks very quilty and soft and snugglely.... Congratulations on your 3rd place win....

hugz

Anonymous said...

lovely bear Selina,nice post

Melody said...

Thank you so much for coming on the picnic. Posie is very unusual and very beautiful. Congratulations on her prize at the Ipswich show. I've never seen anything like the little French parasol, it's exquisite.

Mistea said...

Posie is gorgeous, the combination of quilt and chenille works perfectly.
Love her parasol.

Karen said...

Hi Selina. Posie is a lovely bear and I do like the effect created by using the combination of patchwork and chenille. The parasol is very pretty. Have a delightful day!scese

Deb Robertson Writes said...

This bear is super cute, I just love your work. We have two happy bunnies at our house made by you and I love them :)

Teresa said...

Oh she's gorgeous Selina.. I can see why you don't want to part with her. Love that little parasol!!!! So good catching up with you today.. just loved it. xx

Michelle Ridgway said...

Posie is beautiful Selina and well done for 3rd. I can see why you can't part with her. You have mad a beautiful job making her.I love her little parasol... how cute!

blandina said...

Your post gave me a very big smile, it is well written and full of humour.
Posie is a supercutie, I wouldn't want to sell her if she was mine.

blandina said...

Posie is a beauty and so is the French lace umbrella.