Sunday, October 3, 2010

Flea Market finds

Blogtoberfest Day 3


I've been a bit more restrictive in my opping lately. Trying very hard to only buy things I'm actually looking for. So I was very happy when I came across this queen size doona cover for $5. I've been looking for a nice striped sheet to make up a dress I've had the pattern for for awhile. I've also got a vintage skirt pattern that I've wanted some nice linen to make it up in, and I found this brown floral piece, over 2 1/2 metres, for $3.


Then the tea towels. Fast becoming my oppy weakness. These ones were only .50c each. Just can't resist that. And just look at that top one. Cute or what?! I do have some plans for these, more to come on that one I think (assuming they work out how I want them to, otherwise you may never hear of them again....).

Head over to Sophie's for other flea market finds.

12 comments:

Sally said...

Some beautiful finds there... great score with the doona cover.

Christina Lowry said...

Yes, I know what you mean. Knowing that we may be moving has made me more cautious with my op shopping. Your fabric and tea towel finds are great though! :)

teddybearswednesday said...

I love your teatowels, and in my opinion you can never have too many! xo

Cathie said...

I love a good teatowel! I can't seem to find any on my visits.
well done on restraining yourself... sometimes it's just too hard though.

Tracey said...

ooh those knitting patterns. I love perusing knitting patterns and wondering whether I could muster the courage to make the items on the covers.... I'll continue dreaming :)

Nice finds x

sue said...

Can't wait to see what you do with these - I always admire tea towels in the oppie but never know what to do with them. I think selective thrifting is a recurrent theme just at the moment - perhaps it is Spring and the idea of cleaning out the nest etc?

Snooze said...

i love vintage tea towesl but i never buy any ... i wonder what you'll make with them.
My Flea Market Find

CurlyPops said...

How cute is that 1978 tea towel with the Deer - and a bargain for 50 cents!

Catherine said...

got to love bargain tea towels (but lately they seem so hard to find... especially for 50c!)

Irene ~ RE~VINTAGED said...

Great finds! Luurve your striped sheet, nice!!

nicole said...

great tea towels! can't wait to see what you do with them!

crzylady said...

love those tea towels!