Sunday, October 10, 2010

Blogtoberfest Day 10

IMGP1529 copy

Almost missed a day!

I don't mind the wildlife where we live. Even these guys, when they stay outside like they should. But this guy, he crossed the line. I was taking stuff out to my car and when I was headed back towards the door I saw the end of his tail slither inside the front door. I felt rather like a SuperHero leaping over the threshold (and the snake) to get in front of him to herd him back out. If he had of got into my already overflowing cupboards, we may never have found him again, and I would be sleeping at a motel. He's still sending a shiver down my spine!

9 comments:

Kirsty @ Bonjour Quilts said...

ARRRGGGH! I don't miss the wildlife. It's nice trampling through the woods and not having to worry about venom. Still wear my thick boots though, old habits die hard.

Tracey said...

That's a very lucky catch indeed ... wildlife is wonderful, but yes it should be left outside! :)

NessaKnits said...

Okay, he's green. Not brown. I feel better now.

CurlyPops said...

Eeeeeek! Not in the house!

blandina said...

Just the photo makes me shudder. How brave of you to jump in front of the snake.

Unknown said...

O my GOD o My GOD o My GoD....and breath....thats me i would have freaked well done you...Jesus i so could not deal with the thought of those slippery things hanging around my garden..something to be said for living in the town me thinks ;-)) Dee

Fat Chick Design said...

Once again humbled by the Bravery of you Oz girls.
*on knees and worships*
:)

Vic said...

Holy Moly! My Boy would be OUTTA THERE if we had a snake in our house...! Go go super Selina!

Car said...

Not sure I would have jumped over it ~ you are super woman & so brave!!!
I am slowly getting better with seeing snakes around our house... Though still have nightmares about the time a red belly black came inside thru the dog flap WHILE the snake catcher was trying to catch him!!! EEEK!